- Horse Racing
- Racing Preview
- AQHA Racing Challenge
- Bank of America Challenge Championships
- Racing Challenge
- Condition Book/Rule Book
- Qualified Horses
- Challenge Leaders
- Racing Challenge Championship History
- Bonus Challenge Presented by Markel
- Maiden Challenge
- Bank of America Championship
- Adequan Derby
- John Deere Juvenile
- Merial Distaff
- Maiden Challenge
- Quick Stakes Results
- Detail Race Results
- Leader Board
- Leading Sires
- Auction Leaders
© Ginny Harding
BY MICHAEL CUSORTELLI
PORTLAND, OR—JANUARY 20, 2017—A field of eight, headed by multiple stakes winner For Sweet Jess, has been entered in Monday’s 440-yard, $20,000 Portland Meadows Bonus Challenge Stakes at Portland Meadows.
A 4-year-old gray son of the Mr Jess Perry stallion One Sweet Jess, For Sweet Jess is trained by Hector Magallanes for owner Ruben Magallanes. The gelding is coming off of a sophomore campaign during which he won the January 25, 400-yard Portland Meadows Winter Derby, and the May 7, 400-yard Adequan Sun Downs Derby Challenge.
For Sweet Jess drew the rail post and will be ridden by Eduardo Gutierrez-Sosa.
Hector Magallanes will also send out Tickle Ur Fancy. A 4-year-old daughter of the Mr Jess Perry stallion Dominyun owned by Hayden Brothers Ranch, Tickle Ur Fancy has banked $47,132 from 11 outs, and her resume includes a second-place finish to champion Zoomin For Spuds in the 2015 Wild West Futurity at Los Alamitos.
Jorge Rosales will ride Tickle Ur Fancy from post 4.
The complete lineup, in post position order including jockey assignments---
- For Sweet Jess (Eduardo Gutierrez-Sosa)
- Hes A Bugin (Ruben Camacho)
- Chicks R Gone (Lorenzo C. Lopez)
- Tickle Ur Fancy (Jorge Rosales)
- Sneakin Tr (Kassie Guglielmino)
- Lebron 6 (Jake Samuels)
- Longo (Leonardo R. Gonzalez)
- My Best Bunny Yet (Luis F. Gonzalez).