- Horse Racing
- Racing Preview
- AQHA Racing Challenge
- Quick Stakes Results
- Detail Race Results
- Leader Board
- Leading Sires
- Auction Leaders
© Ann Switalski / Lou Hodges Photography
BY MICHAEL CUSORTELLI
BOSSIER CITY, LA—MARCH 19, 2017—Felix J. Martinez’s Capitan Jimbob, a sorrel son of Desirio and the fastest qualifier, is one of 10 2-year-olds entered back in Wednesday’s 300-yard, $233,578 Harrah’s Entertainment Futurity (G3) at Louisiana Downs.
Trained by Wendy Garcia, Capitan Jimbob made his career debut with a 1 1/4-length victory in the last of eight trials on March 4. The colt drew post 6 and will be ridden by Rene Gutierrez.
Second-fastest qualifier Together To The End, a daughter of champion Inseperable trained by Jose Sanchez for Alejandro Moya, drew post 3 and will be ridden by Eddie Sanchez. The homebred filly opened her career with a 1 3/4-length win as the 6-5 favorite in the fifth Harrah’s Entertainment Futurity trial.
The complete lineup, in post position order including jockey assignments--
- Aguila (Everardo Rodriguez)
- Nsm Cherokee Warrior (Damian Martinez)
- Together To The End (Eddie Sanchez)
- Louisiana Silk (Noe Castaneda)
- Ancient Of Days (Donald Watson)
- Capitan Jimbob (Rene Gutierrez)
- Shades Of Gray (Roman A. Huerta)
- Emnent (David Alvarez)
- Hez Our Boy (Manuel Gutierrez)
- Krashing Runaway (Donald J. Guynes).