- Horse Racing
- Racing Preview
- AQHA Racing Challenge
- Quick Stakes Results
- Detail Race Results
- Leader Board
- Leading Sires
- Auction Leaders
© Coady Photography
SELMA, TX—SEPTEMBER 4, 2019—A field of nine has entered for the 350-yard $15,000 King William Stakes at Retama on Friday night.
Morning line favorite Kas Tempting leads the field by both wins and earnings, having earned over $145,000 in five wins and 14 career starts. The 4-year-old Tempting Dash colt has won his last two races, both stakes: the Bank of America Texas Championship Challenge (G2) at Sam Houston in May and the recent TQHA Classic Stakes at Retama.
As a 3-year-old, Kas Tempting was second in the Sam Houston Derby (G3) and has competed in seven stakes in his career.
Krash Course was second in the TQHA Classic Stakes and will seek a rematch with Kas Tempting in the King William. The Krash Cartel colt has two wins at Retama and is in search of his first career stakes victory after qualifying for multiple stakes at Delta, Sam Houston and Retama.
Financial Top returns as last year’s disqualified winner of the King William, one of two entries for trainer Adrian Huitron. The Arizona-bred son of Heza Fast Dash was sixth in the Refrigerator Stakes (G1) last summer and was fourth in the Bank of America Texas Championship Challenge (G2) this spring.
The $25,000 King William Stakes is Race 10 on Friday evening at Retama Park. Estimated post time is 11:06 pm CT.
The field, by post position, with trainer, jockey and morning-line odds:
- Like No Other Time, Adrian Huitron, Francisco Mendez, 20-1
- Salados Man, Angel Sanchez, Eddie Sanchez, 12-1
- Shake Em Rocks, Roger Moore, Joseph Gordon, Jr., 12-1
- Kas Tempting, Josue Ponce, Victor Urieta, Jr., 2-1
- All Sophia Wanted, Michael Chavez, Manuel Gutierrez, 10-1
- Woulda, Leon Bard, Francisco Calderon, 10-1
- Jess Leaving Fast, Katie Carlos, Cipriano Vidana, 4-1
- Krash Course, Santiago Riojas, Jr., Eleazar Hernandez, 3-1
- Financial Top, Adrian Huitron, Noe Villatoro, 8-1