- Horse Racing
- Racing Preview
- AQHA Racing Challenge
- Quick Stakes Results
- Detail Race Results
- Leader Board
- Leading Sires
- Auction Leaders
© Dustin Orona Photography
BY MICHAEL CUSORTELLI
GRAND PRAIRIE, TX—OCTOBER 8, 2019—Political Attraction, a multiple graded stakes winning son of world champion Apollitical Jess owned by Rogelio Marquez Jr. and Kathy Robinson, drew post 5 for Saturday’s 440-yard, $75,000 Refrigerator Stakes (G1) at Lone Star Park.
Political Attraction is coming off of a sixth-place finish as the 3-5 favorite in the 440-yard, $300,000 Albuquerque Fall Championship (G1) at Albuquerque Downs on September 22. The gelding won three graded stakes during the Remington Park spring meet, including the 440-yard, $250,000 Remington Park Invitational Championship (G1) on June 2.
James Flores will ride Political Attraction. Other contenders include Patrick Richardson’s Stone Cold Leader, a two-time stakes winner during the Delta Downs meet. A 4-year-old Brookstone Bay gelding trained by Alfredo Gomez, Stone Cold Leader has won three of four starts and has banked $64,000 this season.
Stone Cold Leader drew post 4 and will be ridden by Rolando Pina.
The complete lineup, in post position order including jockey assignments and morning-line odds:
- Rarin (Martin Felix), 5-1
- Hes Limitless (Gilbert Ortiz), 15-1
- Tough To Bee (Ricky Ramirez), 9-2
- Stone Cold Leader (Rolando Pina), 5-2
- Political Attraction (James Flores), 3-1
- Strykr Force (Francisco Ramirez Jr.), 15-1
- Papaws Paint (Esgar Ramirez), 10-1
- Vallerro (Heriberto Aguilar-Orozco), 12-1
- Rock About It (Jose Vega), 15-1
- Hot Dam Bam A Lam (John Hamilton), 12-1
All Lone Star Park races can be seen at Q-RacingVideo.com.