- Horse Racing
- Racing Preview
- AQHA Racing Challenge
- Quick Stakes Results
- Detail Race Results
- Leader Board
- Leading Sires
- Auction Leaders
© Dustin Orona Photography
BY MICHAEL CUSORTELLI
GRAND PRAIRIE, TX—NOVEMBER 5, 2019—Flying Cowboy 123, a sorrel son of world champion Apollitical Jess owned by Paragon Farms LLC, is one of 10 sophomores entered back in Saturday’s 440-yard, $344,571 Texas Classic Derby (G1) at Lone Star Park.
The fastest qualifier, Flying Cowboy 123 is coming off of a one-length victory as the 3-5 favorite in the first of five trials on October 18. The colt was coming off of a Ruidoso Downs summer campaigned during which he placed third in the 440-yard, $1,550,855 All American Derby (G1) on September 1.
Flying Cowboy 123 was last year’s champion 2-year-old colt. He drew post 3 and will be ridden by Ricky Ramirez for trainer James J. Gonzales II.
Other contenders include FM Cartel Rock, a son of One Sweet Jess trained by Robi Meche for owner J. Fabian Hernandez. The sorrel colt has banked $18,978 from three outs this year, and his season resume includes a second-place finish, a head behind winner Paint Me A Sinner, in the 400-yard, $64,889 Adequan Retama Derby Challenge at Retama Park on August 17.
FM Cartel Rock drew post 6 and will be ridden by Raul Ramirez Jr.
The complete lineup, in post position order including jockey assignments and morning-line odds:
- MM Fourinthemorning (Francisco R. Ramirez Jr., 30-1
- Viva Le Don (Cody R. Smith), 12-1
- Flying Cowboy 123 (Ricky Ramirez), 9-5
- Jess Master Angel (Heriberto Aguilar-Orozco), 20-1
- First True Heart (Agustin Silva, 15-1
- FM Cartel Rock (Raul Ramirez Jr.), 5-2
- Midday News (J.R. Ramirez), 20-1
- Coach A Comin (Alan Hernandez, 12-1
- American Hussle (James Flores), 3-1
- Wii B (Eddie Sanchez, 10-1
All Lone Star Park races can be seen at Q-RacingVideo.com.