- Horse Racing
- Racing Preview
- AQHA Racing Challenge
- Quick Stakes Results
- Detail Race Results
- Leader Board
- Leading Sires
- Auction Leaders
© Coady Photography
SUNLAND PARK, NM—FEBRUARY 12, 2020—A dozen state-bred 3-year-old Quarter Horses, headed by morning-line favorite Champagne Room, have been entered in Saturday’s 400-yard, $100,000 New Mexico Horse Breeders’ Association Stakes (RG2) at Sunland Park.
Champagne Room is a graded stakes winning homebred daughter of Big Daddy Cartel trained by Jimmy Padgett for Mac and Janis Murray’s MJ Farms at Veguita, New Mexico. The filly has earned $117,511 from six races, and she is coming off of a neck victory at odds of 24-1 in the 400-yard, $226,000 Shue Fly Stakes (RG3) at Sunland Park on January 25.
Champagne Room drew post 8 and will be ridden by Alonso Rivera.
The filly’s opponents include Jess Tequila Talkin, a bay son of Jesse James Jr trained by Jackie Riddle for owner Gary W. Hartstack of Houston, Texas. A finalist in last year’s $434,000 Zia Futurity (RG1) at Ruidoso Downs, Jess Tequila Talkin has won three of eight outs and has banked $83,619, and his resume includes at third-place finish, one length behind Champagne Room, in the Shue Fly.
Jess Tequila Talkin drew post 10 and will be ridden by Tanner Thedford.
The complete lineup, in post-position order including jockey assignments and morning-line odds:
- Don Chuy C (Adrian Ramos), 10-1
- First Neon Moon (Raul Herrera), 8-1
- Six Pack Fame (Sergio Becerra Jr.), 6-1
- Meleros Dash (Jose D. Ruiz), 12-1
- Finnley (Manuel Gutierrez), 15-1
- Runner Chick (Juan Carlos Rivas), 12-1
- Stominado (Jaime Parga Leos), 10-1
- Champagne Room (Alonso Rivera),5-2
- Jess Featured Girl (Paul Garcia), 9-2
- Jess Tequila Talkin (Tanner Thedford), 5-2
- AE-Outta Debt (Felipe Garcia-Luna), 15-1
- AE-Streaks Featured TF (Alfredo Sigala), 20-1
All Sunland Park races can be seen at Q-RacingVideo.com.