- Horse Racing
- Racing Preview
- AQHA Racing Challenge
- Quick Stakes Results
- Detail Race Results
- Leader Board
- Leading Sires
- Auction Leaders
© New Age Media / Clive Cohen
BY MICHAEL CUSORTELLI
AJAX, ONTARIO, CAN—JUNE 28, 2020—Nine aged sprinters, led by morning-line favorite Had To Be Ivory, are entered in Wednesday’s 300-yard, $31,800 Picov Maturity at Ajax Downs.
A homebred 5-year-old son of Ivory James trained by Bryn Robertson for owners Carol Robertson and Jaime Robertson, Had To Be Ivory made his season debut with a victory in a 300-yard, $13,000 allowance dash at Ajax Downs on June 17. The gelding has won 12 of 15 starts, all at Ajax Downs, and he has earned $168,544.
Had To Be Ivory won two stakes last year, including the Picov Maturity. The gelding drew the rail post and will be ridden by Tony Phillips.
The complete lineup, in post position order including jockey assignments and morning-line odds:
- Had To Be Ivory (Tony Phillips), 3-1
- Carneros (Ed Walton), 4-1
- Chicksdigmymoneybags (Regan Knowles), 7-2
- Not Whistlin Dixie (Lloyd Desouza), 6-1
- Shes Sizzling (Ramiro Castillo), 10-1
- Maryland Magic (Helen Vanek), 8-1
- Countrys Comin Bac (Cassandra Jeschke), 8-1
- Rey Of The Night (Cory Spataro), 12-1
- Spy For The Senate (Brian Bell), 10-1
The Picov Maturity, and all Ajax Downs races, can be seen at Q-RacingVideo.com.