- Horse Racing
- Racing Preview
- AQHA Racing Challenge
- Quick Stakes Results
- Detail Race Results
- Leader Board
- Leading Sires
- Auction Leaders
© Jake Rogers / Ruidoso Downs
BY MICHAEL CUSORTELLI
HOBBS, NM—OCTOBER 4, 2019—Ten distance specialists, including two also-eligible entries, have been entered in Sunday’s 870-yard, $50,000 Herman Jefferson Stakes (G3) at Zia Park.
Illtakeyouforaride, a 5-year-old son of champion FDD Dynasty and a stakes winner during the Ruidoso Downs summer meet, drew post 7 and will be ridden by Kelsi Purcell. Trained by Mike Joiner for a partnership, the brown gelding won both of his outs at Ruidoso, including the 870-yard, $20,000 Bill Reed Memorial Stakes on August 31.
Other contenders include Ben Peterson’s Mahoney N Tacklebery, a homebred 5-year-old son of the Favorite Trick (TB) stallion Favorite Cartel trained by Todd Fincher. Mahoney N Tacklebery will be making his first official start since November 17, 2018, when the gelding ran fourth, 3 1/4 lengths behind winner Mickey Ward, in the 870-yard, $100,000 AQHA Distance Challenge Championship (G1) at Los Alamitos Racecourse in California.
Mahoney N Tacklebery drew the rail post and will be ridden by Ry Eikleberry.
The complete lineup, in post position order including jockey assignments and morning-line odds:
- Mahoney N Tacklebery (Ry Eikleberry), 5-2
- Zoomin Racer (Frank Reyes), 7-2
- J Boy A (Francisco Amparan), 4-1
- Spit Prize Corona (Martin Felix), 8-1
- Oraale (Alfredo Sigala), 10-1
- D E Wagons Strawfly (Duane Sterling), 15-1
- Illtakeyouforaride (Kelsi Purcell), 3-1
- Sin Tachas First (Tanner Thedford), 20-1
- AE-Wascallywittlewabbit (Francisco Amparan), 20-1
- AE-Dusty Boots N Luck (Raul Herrera), 12-1
All Zia Park races can be seen at Q-RacingVideo.com.