- Horse Racing
- Racing Preview
- AQHA Racing Challenge
- Quick Stakes Results
- Detail Race Results
- Leader Board
- Leading Sires
- Auction Leaders
© Amanda Glidden / Plugged In Marketing
TULAROSA, NM—JUNE 5, 2020—A two-phase complete dispersal of all horses owned by the late R.D. Hubbard has been scheduled for this summer at Ruidoso Downs.
Phase One includes all of the Hubbard Thoroughbreds and will sell during the Ruidoso Downs New Mexico-Bred Sale on the evenings of August 21-22.
Phase Two includes all of the Hubbard Quarter Horses on the evenings of September 4-5-6 during Ruidoso Select Quarter Horse Yearling Sale.
PHASE ONE • THOROUGHBREDS
Following is a sampling of the offering:
- ATTILA’S STORM, 2002 stallion
$534,983 earning Multiple Stakes Winner, national and regional leading sire with 74% of his starters winning and $56,282 Average Earnings, $13.3 Million Lifetime Earnings and Champion NM TB Sire 2016-2019!
NEW MEXICO-BRED YEARLINGS:
- ATTILA’S STORM f., full sister to New Mexico Ch. Three-Year-Old Gelding THERMAL $458,000, REAPER $376,000, etc.
- PROCEED c., out of multiple stakes winner RENEWED VOWS $285,000.
- ATTILA’S STORM f., half-sister to stakes winner LET IT ROLL$190,000.
- ATTILA’S STORM f., full sister to stakes placed STORM ON $57,000.
- ATTILA’S STORM c., half-brother to multiple stakes winner PLEA AGREEMENT $276,000.
- ATTILAS STORM c., brother to stakes winner TWO STEPPER $120,000 and half-brother to SIPPIN $443,000.
NEW MEXICO-BRED WEANLINGS:
NEW MEXICO-BREDS IN TRAINING:
BLACKTYPE EARNING BROODMARES:
BLACKTYPE PRODUCING BROODMARES:
PHASE TWO • QUARTER HORSES
The American Quarter Horse dispersal of the R.D. Hubbard horses includes his interest in Hes Relentess, a young track record setting stakes winner who earned $616,380 before debuting as the No. 1 freshman sire of 2019 money earners and stakes winners. He is also currently the No. 1 second-year sire of money earners.
The Champion son of leading sire One Famous Eagle, Hes Relentless has stood to a full book of mares in every year that he has been at stud (2016 through 2010). Hes Relentless had $2.1 million earnings in 2019 and is 1 of only 5 stallions in the last 29 years to surpass $2 million in earnings as a freshman sire. Hes Relentless is the covering sire on some of the Hubbard mares that are consigned to the sale and is also the sire of some of the weanlings, yearlings and horses of racing age.
The horses of racing age include Determined One, the current three-year-old son of Hes Relentless that has earned $343,000 and last year placed in the $3 million All American Futurity G1 and was fourth in the Ed Burke Million Futurity G1.
All of the in-training Quarter Horse and Thoroughbreds will be sold in absentia.
The Hubbard Dispersal at the Labor Day weekend sale includes two syndicate shares in leading sire One Famous Eagle plus a share in leading sire Valiant Hero plus frozen semen from Champion runner A Revenant and G1 winner The Down Side.
Hubbard’s Quarter Horse broodmares selling include full or half-sisters to Champion Noconi $1,356,000, Champion Brenda Beautiful $337,000, leading sire Tempting Dash $674,000, leading sire Apollitical Jess $1,400,000 and G1 winner First Valiant Sign $1,054,000.
Included in the offering will be weaned 2020 foals by such leading sires as Apollitical Jess, Hes Relentless, Tres Seis and Chicks Regard. Royally Sandra $138,000, the dam of 2019 All American Futurity G1 placed Determined One $343,000, will sell carrying a full sibling to Determined One.
FOLLOWING IS SAMPLING OF THE OFFERING:
- R.D. Hubbard’s interest in Champion and leading sire HES RELENTLESS will sell, as will 2 shares in ONE FAMOUS EAGLE, 1 share in VALIANT HERO and frozen semen from ATTILA’S STORM, A REVENANT and THE DOWN SIDE.
HORSES IN TRAINING:
- DETERMINED ONE, 2017 g., $343,000, 3rd in All American Fut. G1.
- JESS FIND ME, 2017 f. by MR JESS PERRY. Qualified for $90,000 Ruidoso Maiden in 2nd out. Final not run at press time.
- ONE FAMOUS SONG, 2018 ONE EAGLE f. out MY DASHING LADY. Unstarted.
- BIG EZZY JESS, 2018 MR JESS PERRY g. out of HIDDEN DRAGON. 2nd in 1st start.
- BABY BOY DELUXE, 2018 ONE FAMMOUS EAGLE c. out of CORONA DELUXE. Twice 2nd in 2 starts.
- APOLLITICAL JESS c. out of G1 winner WAVE HER DOWN $436,000, G1.
- APOLLITICAL JESS f. out of Rainbow Derby G1 placed JESS A PAINTED WAGON $128,000.
- HES RELENTLESS f., full brother to All American Futurity G1 placed DETERMINED ONE $343,000.
- TRES SEIS c. out of half-sister to World Champion APOLLITICAL JESS $1,400,000.
- ONE FAMOUS EAGLE full sister to Champion HOTSTEPPER $1,400,000 and a half-sister to 2020 Ruidoso Derby G1 fastest qualifier HOTSTEMPTING $65,000 (final not run at press time).
- A REVENANT half-brother to 2019 All American Futurity G1 DETERMINED ONE $343,000.
- A REVENANT c. out of Rainbow Derby G1 placed JESS A PAINTED WAGON $128,000.
- A REVENANT half-sister to stakes winner INDICATION N M $168,000.
NEW MEXICO-BRED YEARLINGS
- Six Accredited New Mexico-bred Quarter Horse yearlings (two each by A Revenant, Attila’s Storm and Zulu Dragon) will sell in the August 14-15 New Mexico-Bred Sale, including a full sister to Champion Prankster CF $230,000 and Tricky Dust $429,000.
The Hubbard Complete Dispersal will be represented by Lazy E Ranch, agent.
Courtesy TRACK Magazine.